Your car is not only an aid, but it can be an investment in the future because depending on the care you give it, you can prolong its useful life. This article tells you the recommendations to prolong the life of your car.
Keeping the car in good condition will help you travel more safely, besides allowing you to drive the car for much longer and someday sell it.
- Oil review: It is recommended to change it every five thousand, eight thousand and ten thousand kilometers depending on different factors such as the model and use. It is also recommended to check the oil levels regularly since the lack thereof can cause friction between metals and cause engine damage.
- Tire inspection: Maintaining adequate air pressure when calibrating tires is key, it depends on the type of car, tires, and wheels you have. It is also essential to check them to make sure they are not worn, with holes or other irregularities. It is advisable to inspect them by a specialist at least once a year.
- Alignment and balancing are also vitally important; the balancing is necessary to avoid vibrations in the steering wheel when driving fast and the alignment is indispensable so that there is a precise direction and an even wear of the tread, it is recommended to do it every ten thousand kilometers.
- Brake checking is essential: The condition of the discs, the pads, and the pedal should be checked and checked by a mechanic at least once a month to avoid accidents. In addition, a periodic inspection of the brake fluid will allow a good performance while walking and greater safety when driving.
- If the battery is several years old, it is advisable to check it every three months. It is necessary to prevent the battery from drying out because of the lack of liquid since it can affect the operation of the system and reduce its useful life. It is recommended to add battery fluid or distilled water to avoid this problem.
- To make your car look like new it is advisable to wash it at least every 2 weeks, in this way the brightness of the paint will last longer and the mechanical parts will have a longer useful life. Also, wash the interior of the car and thus keep the cushion in good condition, this recommendation works very well if you plan to sell the car and get a good price because good maintenance of the interior of the vehicle is one of the things that at first glance check a possible buyer.
- Once you have completed the warranty of your car and you can no longer use your dealer, it is essential to get a reliable mechanic who does not charge you for unnecessary repairs and offers guarantees and good prices.
- It is necessary to check the lights and check that they all work and turn on correctly since if they are misaligned they can be dangerous for you and for other drivers.
- Check the fluids is also vital to the car: the windscreen wiper, brake fluid, transmission fluid, among others should be checked once a week.
- Lastly, change the windshield wiper blades at least once a year to avoid blurred vision during the rainy season.
Once you comply with these tips, you can leave quietly to drive your car without any inconvenience.